Last night I went to Mangalore's new multiplex for a late show of Dhoom 2, the latest action/thriller starring Hrithik Roshan and Abishek Bachchan. Utterly ridiculous and totally entertaining. I've seen movies in India before, but this was by far the nicest theater I've seen here -- plush seats, shiny new facilities, good popcorn. Aside from the presence of so many brown people, we could have been in Ohio. Half the dialogue and song lyrics were in English! Packaged for global audiences. (And I think most of the moves were ripped off from American movies and TV shows -- I recognized a few tricks from Ocean's 11 and 24.)
The English it easier for me to follow the movie, but I found it annoying at times. (Movie songs definitely sound better in Hindi!) But the whole experience was tons of fun and I'm definitely going to make it a point to see more movies before I leave.