Saturday, November 11, 2006

Travel tip #2: Watch out for monkeys!

I went for a walk in Lal Bagh (large botanical garden in the city) today and I saw the funniest scene unfold right in front of me.

I had taken a few photos of monkeys scampering around, climbing trees and wrestling with one another. I started to walk away, when I heard a woman shouting behind me. I turned around and saw this...

At this point, the woman whose bag the monkey had taken was shouting at the man in the group to do something. But he just stood there laughing and shrugging his shoulders. Meanwhile the monkey deftly unzipped the bag (clearly he'd done this before) and started pulling things out, one by one.
Then another monkey came by to join the fun...
For some strange reason, out of all the items in the woman's bag, the monkeys were most interested in her face powder.

I clutched my own purse a little anxiously on the way home afterwards...